The ACR named three recipients of its Gold Medal award, which is bestowed for extraordinary service to the college or to radiology:
- Dr. Bibb Allen Jr., chief medical officer of the ACR's Data Science Institute and a diagnostic radiologist in the Birmingham Radiological Group
- Dr. Manuel Brown, chair of the department of radiology at the Henry Ford Hospital and Health Network in Detroit
- Dr. David Kushner, associate medical director for quality and safety at Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters in Norfolk, VA
The trio will formally receive awards at the ACR's 2019 annual meeting taking place May 18-22 in Washington, DC.
In addition, the ACR awarded honorary fellowships to two recipients in recognition of their contributions to radiology:
- Dr. Seung Hyup Kim, professor of radiology and urology at Seoul National University College of Medicine in South Korea
- Dr. Anne Lee, clinical professor in the department of clinical oncology at the University of Hong Kong
The ACR also said it gave James Morrison its Distinguished Achievement award for his service to the organization and radiology. Morrison retired in 2013 after nearly 18 years at the ACR, serving as assistant executive director of membership and executive vice president.
Copyright © 2018 AuntMinnie.com